It is an enhanced version of bgperf, a performance measurement tool for BGP implementations. The aim is to give back as many enhancements as possible to the original bgperf by NTT OSRG.
The enhancements include:
- a more modular way of processing arguments from the commandline
- better metrics collection (variable interval, more data)
- new drop-in replacement for GoBGP ‘monitor’ implementation using BIRD.
- the action sequencer to wait until convergent and introduce dynamic changes (see UML diagram in /docs)
- selective CPU allocation for all containers (with cpusets)
- support for remote testers in another network (e.g. when you have own tester implementation in your lab)
- support of custom config file for BIRD target (e.g. config produced by IXP toolchain)
- add header to csv output and more metrics when using BIRD based monitor + some tweaks.
- system-specific configuration in settings.py
- new commandline options for most features
- full scenario.yaml support for most features
More details on: https://github.com/DECIX/bgperf